Kim Lucas Designs ~ Infused Creativity

Kim Lucas Designs  ~ Infused Creativity
Mixed Media and Creative Artist & Photographer

Friday, May 15, 2015

Steampunk Art Swap

Art is so subjective and includes many mediums and styles.  For an art swap in the theme of steampunk I thought I would try something new.  This week I have ventured into new territory and experimented with making my first pocket letter, my first altered altoid tin, and...my first time I've used my inktense blocks..that I've had since last October.  I have to say, I love the Inktense blocks, but I think I've broken EVERY one..Why are they so fragile??

Back to the steampunk.  I get the style, I really do. I love the industrial, the metal, gears, wings, inventions, crazy hats, goggles, and corsets. I have seen some really great steampunk halloween costumes through the years.

I started in on the tins.  Lots of modeling paste in the stencils of gears. I also have realized I really like to use the negative of stencils..meaning instead of dabbing and trying to get all the parts covered but not smooshed underneath, I paint the stencil itself and make a print basically. Clean easy, love it.
By far one of my new favorite creations.





I super duper duper enjoyed making my first altered tins especially with this steampunk theme. I can't wait for my swap partner to receive this in the mail. Thanks for checking out my art, I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoy creating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and feedback welcome here!

Am I an Artist?

Yes. The answer is definitely YES! I have been creating artistically whether it be with a paintbrush and canvas, film and camera, or pencil ...