Kim Lucas Designs ~ Infused Creativity

Kim Lucas Designs  ~ Infused Creativity
Mixed Media and Creative Artist & Photographer

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Color Inspired Intuitive Painting

A blank new canvas is getting a color treatment inspired by these items that caught my eye on pinterest. I like to get ideas from pinterest but I don't like copying anything. I was mainly inspired  by the color combination and collected things that matched. This is my first time doing this surprisingly, but I plan to do more in the future to really develop a project.

One thing you will notice, I don't typically paint on an easel. I paint on the canvas flat on the table or workspace. Weird? I'm not sure, but it works about I'm not about to break that after 20+ years. 

 This color combination is pure love.
 Lavender
Teal
Peach
Plum 
White
and complementary 
Blue


Base of intuitive random marks with inspired colors.

Giving some definition to the marks with white gesso.
In progress with swirls, navy dots, and teal scallops.

Gold gelato is added and smeared for a focal point. 

My finished color inspired intuitive painting masterpiece.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy this painting. 

1 comment:

Thoughts and feedback welcome here!

Am I an Artist?

Yes. The answer is definitely YES! I have been creating artistically whether it be with a paintbrush and canvas, film and camera, or pencil ...