Kim Lucas Designs ~ Infused Creativity

Kim Lucas Designs  ~ Infused Creativity
Mixed Media and Creative Artist & Photographer

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Accordion Book


Of the many art groups I participate in, I signed up to participate in an accordion book swap. I have never made an accordion book and I absolutely loved making this one.  I started with he cover before I made any of the pages and I just loved it so I used it even thought it was bigger than the inside pictures.  I used cardboard painted in black gesso, glued some map printed papers, and a harlequin diamond stamp that I stamped with a gold translucent acrylic paint. 

One of my favorite parts of this book was stitching the red front piece on like a corset and you will see better pictures below. 
This is the front side of all the pages. I used mixed media paper and sewed each page together around the edges with a zig zag stitch. Some I left open for pockets on the top.  I enjoyed using gelli printed papers as backgrounds and adding stamped images.  I added metal gears, embossing on certain stamps, washi tapes, and pieces from my new toy. A fiskars hexagon punch. 


A fun little stamped saying 
Tim Holtz ephemera key  I tied onto the front

The front of my accordion book

You can seem more clearly the chunkiness and the corset stitching on the side
This shows how the book stands on it's own, the close up stitching, and pockets




This is the backside of all of the pages. I used a mixed media stencil from Michael's with some grey acrylic paint. The black ribbons tie around the book a few times to tie it closed. 
I wil be making more.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and feedback welcome here!

Am I an Artist?

Yes. The answer is definitely YES! I have been creating artistically whether it be with a paintbrush and canvas, film and camera, or pencil ...