Kim Lucas Designs ~ Infused Creativity

Kim Lucas Designs  ~ Infused Creativity
Mixed Media and Creative Artist & Photographer

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Traci Bautista Inspired Morning Workshop Painting

I have been drawing and creating all my life. Well ever since I could use the tools. Play doh, homemade yes. Paint and brushes, yes. Drawing and art class in school, yes. Ceramics and oil paintings, yes. A camera and photography, yes. Art in every medium I could get my hands on.  Jump forward past scrapbooking and all that jazz to the last 3-4 years where I have been emerged in the mixed media culture.

One of my very favorite and first artists that I was inspired by was Traci Bautista. I love her use of abstract, bright colors, and unconventional use of tools. This morning while perusing the book of faces with my morning coffee I saw a FREE online class with Traci!!!  This is the link to her FB page and the course was called "Floraldelights"  https://www.facebook.com/TraciBautista/?fref=nf

I don't know if you have to register to still see this and yes it is a promotion for something bigger, but I created a painting in a style that I would not have otherwise created by following along in this video!

It started off with a mark making exercise which I just used a journal for, but I've recently purchased new canvases and had to use one to make something beautiful. This is my journal base which I painted over.


Here is the painting I created from watching this course. Everything is so free and abstract. I'm sure you can see all of her influences in this work. I have nothing in my studio like it, but was a fun way to start a Saturday morning creating this! 

#TBFLORALdelight, #TBfloraldelight,
(Also...my first #'s)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and feedback welcome here!

Am I an Artist?

Yes. The answer is definitely YES! I have been creating artistically whether it be with a paintbrush and canvas, film and camera, or pencil ...