Kim Lucas Designs ~ Infused Creativity

Kim Lucas Designs  ~ Infused Creativity
Mixed Media and Creative Artist & Photographer

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Is it Too Early For Halloween????

I LOVE fall/autumn. It is my favorite season and time of year, probably because it was in October, the month that I was born is a little known holiday called HALLOWEEN! I like to draw unusual and dark things as well as the bright and sunny. I am however taking a little break from drawing the "mixed media girl faces" that are common in lots of works.  I was inspired to create this very cheery background and didn't know what I wanted to use it for. The rub on numbers are transfers from Tim Holtz, and I have no idea what I'm going to use them for now that they are permanently affixed to my page.

As a juxtaposition of colors and ideas, I sourced a vintage witch halloween mask for my "girl" on this layout. I was intending to draw a mask with a persons eyes showing through as if they were actually wearing it. Nope. The colors did not work for me in that way, and I kinda just forgot.

I'm going to affectionately call this one "What's up Witches!"

Prior to this drawing I was inspired by a friend's photograph to sketch a character from our Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum in Seattle. I have never been and now I don't know really why not.  Anyhow my sketch is this shell of a guy, (aka Jess' boyfriend), also made it into my journal. I need things that are different and challenging, and interesting to my brain to keep my art up to par.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and feedback welcome here!

Am I an Artist?

Yes. The answer is definitely YES! I have been creating artistically whether it be with a paintbrush and canvas, film and camera, or pencil ...